The RUCKUS® ICX® 7850 series of midrange stackable switches are purpose-built to support SDVoE applications. With multigigabit 10/25/40/100 GbE ports the ICX 7850 delivers the performance, flexibility, and scalability required for the most demanding deployment scenarios.
Organizations are rapidly migrating applications from private data centers to the cloud requiring always-on, reliable, high-speed connections to the cloud and resulting in reduced data centers size for which most large chassis/routers are overkill and too complex and expensive to deploy.
Traditional enterprise networks were architected to utilize chassis systems to deliver reliable, high-speed, and scalable routing capabilities to the campus. With recent advances in network processors these capabilities can be packaged into a more flexible stackable switch design. This opens the door to new network architectures where the core can be distributed across the campus, deploying ports and switching capacity directly where they are needed.
The Ruckus® ICX® 7850 Switch is designed to meet these new challenges. It delivers non-blocking line-rate performance on all ports concurrently, with a switching capacity up to 6.4 Tbps. It supports the next generation Ethernet speeds with 10/25 Gigabit Ethernet at the aggregation and 40/100 Gigabit Ethernet at the core to meet high volume of traffic driving from the edge into the core. It also supports a rich array of routing protocols and delivers a range of high-availability hardware and software features.
Like the rest of the ICX family, the ICX 7850 also offers a range of features designed to simplify network deployment and management such as advanced stacking, and zero touch provisioning.
Premium Core/Aggregation Switching
· Network core layer can be distributed across the campus, deploying ports and switching capacity where they are needed.
· The performance, scalability, and availability of a high-end enterprise-class chassis.
· The deployment flexibility of fixed form factor switches
40GbE and 100GbE for Maximum Performance
· Up to 32x 40/100 GbE ports per switch.
· Up to 8x 100 GbE stacking ports, 1.6 Tbps of stacking bandwidth per switch.
· Deliver the performance and scalability required by future generations